Free, virtual conference for caregivers, parents, grandparents, and all adults in the community with children of any age. Join online with other community members to learn about:
* Monday, May 2 – The World in Your Hands: Internet Safety and Awareness. Gain an understanding of current trends in social media, what your children may access, and prepare yourself to begin or resume conversations, convey expectations, and set boundaries to enhance your child’s online safety.
* Tuesday, May 3 – An Approach to Establishing Healthier Relationships. Learn from a Love and Logic® expert, NOCE's Parenting Program instructor Erin Sherard, how to end arguing, back talk, or begging using one simple tool.
* Monday, May 9 – The Next Chapter: Childhood Adversity is Only One Part of Your Story. Cultivate an awareness of how your past affects you and your interactions. Explore your strengths, integrate positivity, and acknowledge that Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) do not determine your future.
* Tuesday, May 10 – Hope Lives Here: Understanding Grief in Every Season. Explore stages and types of grief and its impact on behavior and communication. Learn to grow through life’s big and small challenges, nurture yourself, and find meaning no matter where you have been or where life takes you.
NOCE Parenting Program hosts the Building Trauma Informed Communities conference to support wellness and healing and help adults and children overcome effects of traumas, big and small.
• Virtual sessions begin at 11 a.m. and are 90 minutes.
• Free learning opportunity for adults in North Orange County.
• Synchronous Spanish translation available.
A reminder email with the Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants during the morning of each session. *Register once to gain access to all four sessions.